FDR flowers

FDR flowers

Thursday, September 30, 2010

School Update

So it's been interesting transitioning back into the school life. I think it's been interesting for Jason and me both.

Law school definitely keeps Jason busy. It's a good thing we got a two bedroom so that he was able to turn the second room into a study, because he spends so much of his time in there. We'd be told that a spare office was unnecessary because it would go unused. That is just definitely not the case here. Thankfully he seems to overall really enjoy being back in school and so far law school seems to be a good fit! Just a lot of reading, cold calling and no tests until the end of the semester.

For me on the other hand, I've already had my first two tests and I'm semi-proud to report B's on both. I was striving for A's, but B's are certainly acceptable. The Astronomy test I left thinking to myself "I've got this in the bag, that is totally an A" and my Government and Politics class I left thinking "Oh crap, I do not feel as good about this as I'd like to..." So in one case the B was a disappointment and in the other it was a complete relief! I hope that now that I know how the teachers test that I'll be able to better prepare for the next tests in a month (which I've already begun doing).

I probably shouldn't talk about this on here because things could very likely not go according to how I hope, but I'd really like to get accepted into the University of Minnesota for Fall 2011. I spoke with an admissions counselor there about a week ago and explained to her how poorly I did before I stopped going to college 3 1/2 years ago. She basically told me that I'm going to have to get all A's both semesters at MCTC in order to be considered for admissions. So I'm just going to keep trying as hard as I can and hopefully things will go well. I need to start researching some other schools in the area though so that I have some back-up plans.

Overall things are grand right now! I'm heading to Wisconsin this weekend for Kelly's bridal shower and I'm super excited! Maybe I'll get some good pictures to post :)

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hope you have fun this weekend! Can't wait to see some pics! :)

Lisa said...

Hooray for goals! I'm so proud of you, Caity. Love you and miss you. Hope the weekend was grand. I'll call for a fill-in chat soon.