Happy September! I'm experiencing a similar thing right now with time as I did right after the wedding. I get so excited about one specific date and that I just totally focus on it then once I get to the date I'm shocked to see time move on so quickly... if that doesn't make sense, I'll explain - I waited and waited for it to be August so it was time for us to move and BOOM, now it's September. August is a whole year away again.
This week has been probably our most settled week since we got to Minnesota - which is both good and bad. It's good because it's nice to be settled, if you're settled that means boxes are mostly unpacked, the house is generally cleaner, and we are able to relax and get a real feel for our life here. It's bad because so far, we don't have much of a life here and now we don't have much to do. Which can be rough when you have a 4 day weekend ahead of you.
School this week was just really good again. I like the second week better than the first week actually because you start to do things and you're able to get a better idea of what the teachers expect of you. Plus, your classmates start opening up as well. I have met a bunch of new people this week! It's not as though I'm going out to a party tonight with a bunch of friends suddenly - but I like knowing there are people I can talk to in each of my classes. Social interaction is nice.
Jason has had Law School Orientation all week and came home today really excited about what lies ahead for him. It was great to hear! It sounds as though he's getting to know some of his classmates and he's getting a good feel for the law school, which is what orientation is all about. Plus he came home with his new laptop today that the school gave to the students so now I get to have my computer all to myself :)
There was a meeting tonight for the Parents and Spouses of law students. It was semi-informative. A lot of it I feel like I've already heard plenty of. It was making sure that everyone is aware of how time consuming law school is. It was one of those, "Expect to be alone a lot" speeches, followed by "Please be understanding that this is just what happens in law school". They had a few extra pieces of advice that were good to hear and a few things that were kind of depressing to hear, such as "Don't plan on going home for Thanksgiving... at least not this year". Which kinda sucked to hear because that's when we've been intending for our first trip to CO to be. But maybe waiting until we could do a longer trip in December once we're both on winter break would be better anyway. We'll just see what happens. There is still a good chunk of time before Thanksgiving rolls around.
Jason and I went to check out the U of M Rec Center and it is super nice! We're gonna have to pay a little something for me to have a membership there, but it will totally be worth it. As long as I go. But I'll just make sure I go - it'll be a requirement I have of myself ;) Plus, it is going to be one of the times each day that I'm guaranteed to spend with Jason, so that'll be all the motivation I need.
1 comment:
I love you, and LOVE that you guys are having such fun new experiences. I'll be sad but understanding if we don't see you until December- I want you two to have the best semester!! :)
Post a Comment