FDR flowers

FDR flowers

Monday, October 11, 2010

I Walk Slowly, But I Never Walk Backward

Things continue to progress here in the Midwest. Last weekend my cousin Kelly, her sister-in-law Lizzie and I went on a road trip to Wisconsin for Kelly's bridal shower. It was weird taking a road-trip to WI that only took 6 1/2 hours. I'm used to even the shortest road trips taking around 8 hours, so this was sure a treat - though I wouldn't want to do it every weekend, that's for sure.

Kelly's shower was absolutely adorable! It was in the cutest little restaurant that we got to have all to ourselves and it was just very nice. It was also nice for me to get the chance to visit with a good chunk of my Wisconsin family. My mom is coming to town in a little over 3 weeks and I get to see a lot of them again because they're all going to head this way when my mom is here. We're hoping that Lizzie and Dan's baby will be here, she's due Oct 29th.

This weekend I got to do wedding events with Kelly again. This time we went out for her Bachelorette party! It was so much fun! I got to meet all of her school friends, and it was super fun to get all dressed up. They did this thing that turned out being really cool where they said that everyone needed to wear black, except for Kelly who could wear any color she wanted to aside from black. It was a really fun way to make her stand out in the crowd. Kelly also requested that all us girls wear high heels. This was a request made because Kelly, like me, is very tall, and so close in tall to Nate that she doesn't typically wear heels. But since we were just a bunch of girls (and a lot of TALL girls) she thought it would be fun. So I went out in 4 inch heels! I was very impressed that I only twisted my ankle once and I never actually completely fell! Kelly seemed to have a very fun night (until her purse was stolen in the last half hour) and she was certainly the most fun bachelorette I have ever heard of!

On Sunday it was time for me to go out for a job search. I'd heard on craigslist of a hostess position at a restaurant called Crave, the only problem was that there are 3 of these restaurants around and I didn't know which was hiring. I went to two of the locations and the second location decided to hire me on the spot. I was dressed well, have 11 months of hosting experience, and I worked with their reservation/seating computer system when I used to host, so after talking for 5 minutes I had the job. Very lucky for me, and I'm really pretty excited about this. It was looking for a while like I was going to be a nanny again, and as much as everyone knows I love kids and love being a nanny, I just really feel like that ship has sailed and I'm really happy to be at a job where I can move up and where I can meet a lot of new people. I really enjoyed being a host when I did it before and hopefully this experience will be just as wonderful, if not better.

I start tomorrow and I had to go buy a bunch of new clothes for the job (well not A BUNCH - 2 pairs of pants a 2 new shirts). My nice clothes have really dwindled down to nothing after being a nanny for the last 3 years and being spoiled with being able to wear comfy casual clothes every day. I don't have the slightest idea how many hours they want me to work, what I'll be paid, if it's a permanent or seasonal position, but hopefully I'll find all of that out tomorrow on my first day!

Random side note: I've noticed a LOT of women in the city with mustaches.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

What's up with the mustache's???