FDR flowers

FDR flowers

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Baking

Since moving to Minnesota I've found that baking is a way I enjoy spending my time. It's something I can do by myself and the outcome is generally delicious! Jason isn't so fond of this being my hobby because he tends to eat what I make and with only the two of us in the house, that means we're eating a lot of sweets.

Two weeks ago I made Reese's Pieces Cookies - they are SO delicious! And they were gone the next day. So then I decided to make some brownies (by scratch, naturally) and this time I decided I was going to seal them up in a bag and hide them from Jason. Unfortunately it's a small place and it wasn't a very good hiding spot, so before I knew it those were gone as well - though they did last longer than the cookies. I decided it was time for me to take a little break from baking. And today that break was over!

I decided I wanted to make either Monster Cookies or Sugar cookies. I ended on Sugar Cookies because they were simpler and as silly as this sounds, I figured they were slightly better for me (or perhaps I should say, not as bad for me). The sugar cookie recipe I have is so yummy, the finished cookies are perfectly thick and soft - just PERFECT! I got so excited and wrote down the recipe and then Jason and I headed to the store to pick up the ingredients that we didn't have here at the house. But go figure, we got home and I'd forgotten something. So I went on a search for a cookie recipe I could make with ingredients I already have and I found Chocolate Crinkles.

They turned out so cool looking! Jason loves them. They're made with unsweetened baking squares and I've decided that I really don't like how finished products taste when made with that kind of chocolate, they end up being sort or weak tasting... very bland. The cookies will get all eaten up for sure, but it likely isn't a favorite recipe. I attached pictures just to show you how pretty they are! Enjoy :)
He's a very sneaky frog!!

**Following Day Update: Now that these cookies are completely cooled off, they are SO YUMMY!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I WANT ONE!!! You should mail them to me! :)