FDR flowers

FDR flowers

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Is it May yet?

I think about writing fairly often but I have been slacking because I know there aren't many who read this blog and truth be told, life isn't all that eventful right now.

I completed my first semester back in school and had the best grades of my life. That was pretty exciting. Though I was hoping that I could graduate this May with my associates degree, but it turns out that although I would have the credits I need, I won't meet the math requirement, SO I may not actually be able to get my associates until May next year. My plan had been to transfer over to the U of M once I had my associates this Spring but now that I won't have it I'm trying to figure out a new plan. Needless to say, I'm not feeling quite as motivated this semester now that my associates isn't as near as I once thought. It also doesn't help that I have more time consuming classes this semester. I'm currently taking a 4 credit math class and a 5 credit spanish class. Plus if things go the way I hope they will then I'll be picking up another 4 or 5 credit math class this semester (if I can manage doing that then I'll be able to have my associates by Dec).

My easier less time consuming classes are choir and health. Health is required to graduate and Choir is to add some fun into my life! It feels really great to be singing. I wasn't aware just how wonderful it would be. I feel painfully aware of the fact that I'm not very good at site reading music, but the songs are stuck in my head and I love it <3 I just wish I were good enough that I could audition for something like the Minnesota Chorale once I'm not at MCTC anymore. But I would blow an audition. I don't think I could get confident enough unless I took voice lessons and that isn't something I could afford to do.

The most exciting news going on right now is that Jason got his first semester grades back and did very well! I'm so proud of him. He was lucky enough to score a summer job in California and I can't wait to go! Although I'm excited mostly because it's California and it's hot in California, which sounds like just about the most wonderful thing in the world to me... right now. But once May rolls around it'll be warming up in Minnesota as well and it will be getting very HOT in CA, haha. I'll be heading from one extreme to the next. If only he could get a winter job in CA, now THAT would be perfect! It does feel like we're going to be going on a 3 month vacation and in honesty, I think that is what is actually exciting about it. Anyway, I'm hoping that I can get a summer job nannying. It would be a good way to make some fast cash and it would only be for 3 months. Plus that way I wouldn't be cooped up in an office. I'd be able to take the kids out and enjoy where I am.

So basically I'm counting down to May. May is when all the fun begins. I'll finish this semester, Lisa's baby will be born, I'll get to visit CO, it'll be my birthday and we'll move to California. Sounds like a big month to me!

2 comments:

Mrs T said...

So, I'm thinking you should post your posts to FB. That's pretty much the only way I gets hits... except from your lovely self! --Thanks Man. :) You should try Statcounter.com then you'll know exactly how many people look at your blog, where they come from to get there, and what they look at and stuff. And you'll be all "Oh, that Carrie! She wuvs me!" :)

Caitlin and Jason said...

I find it part of my daily activities to check your blog - and then if you post something of facebook I end up checking it more than once a day, haha.

If I wrote anything interesting then I might post it on fb - but I'm just not feeling it I guess.