FDR flowers

FDR flowers

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Just a Spoonful of Sugar Helps the Medicine go Down

Who knew that moving to a new state was going to be so much work? I certainly didn't! And it's still a bit more than a month away. Everyone knows that the packing and the actual moving part is tricky, but that was about as far into it as I'd thought... at least until recently.

I decided I should get online to research Minnesota state law for their license plates. We have to get the car Minnesota license plates and get our Minnesota drivers licenses within 60 days of moving to MN. Getting the drivers license is going to require us to take a written test :( Boo! But I realized that my CO license plates expire in July and so we're trying to decide exactly how to go about the license plate stuff. We've had a few suggestions, so hopefully it won't be as big of a hassle as we feel like it's going to be.

Qith my car on my mind I started thinking about the fact that we're only going to have the one car in MN instead of the two cars we have now. Which means I want my car to be in top condition. A lot easier said than done. We realized it's time to get new tires on the car, we need a new windshield (the last snow we got in May cracked my window, go figure), and I'm going to take the car in to get the oil changed and I'm crossing my fingers that we don't have anymore things that need to be done. Though of course if we do I'll be happy to fix them, the last thing we want is our one car breaking down on us on our way to our new home!

Speaking of our new home, we still don't have one, in fact I've still never been out to Minnesota in my life. BUT I am finally going in less that two weeks! HOORAY! It won't even be a 48 hour trip, but it will be enough time for me to figure out a lot that we need to get figured out. I've got a list of places to go checkout and some that I am really excited about. Hopefully the places and the areas are as good as I think they are. I've found a good handful of places very close to the law school that I think will make Jason a very happy camper if they work out. We will need to have a place decided on and a lease signed no later than July 15th because we have to let our storage facility know when we'll be out or else we'll get charged extra. SEE WHAT I MEAN!? Details Details Details!

But honestly, even though all the details are kind of a headache, I like taking care of them. I'm so excited about this move and for this new exciting step for Jason and me. We're both so ready to be in Minnesota, this feel like a major transitional time for both of us. It kind of just feels like sitting around and waiting for life to actually get moving again. We are just taking it fairly easy trying to enjoy this time with our family and friends here in Colorado. We aren't delusional thinking that we aren't going to miss our families and thinking that this won't be hard. We both know it will be. But ... (I have a lot of options to say here, why don't you pick your favorite):

1.) The best rewards come from hardships
2.) Who ever said life is supposed to be easy?
3.) We're so excited and we look forward to all the ways we'll grow
4.) We're always up for a good challenge
5.) It doesn't have to be forever
6.) Even knowing it will be hard we just can't wait for this new chapter!!!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I love this post!! Even though it took me a month and a half to read it! I've been blogger challenged this summer... I hope you're unpacking goes as well as the packing went! And I can't wait to see pics of your place as you fill it with your things! :)