FDR flowers

FDR flowers

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Moths and Malls and Moms OH MY!

I think of so many different things here and there that I need to write about on this blog but unless I write it right when I think about it, I don't remember it. Total bummer. They're usually funny things that happen to me or really good ideas and thoughts I have. It's unfortunate that most of it doesn't stick with me.

Here is the one I can remember. A couple weeks ago Jason and I were checking out at Target and I pulled out my wallet and a moth had somehow gotten stuck on my wallet, it wasn't squished or anything, it was just there. I started shaking my wallet to try to get it off/out and it wasn't going anywhere. This was one of the rare times that I started to squeal and I started begging Jason to take care of it. He got the moth out and I had totally thought it was dead, but nope, away it flew. It was really unpleasant.

In other exciting news, my wonderful friend Lisa has announced that she is pregnant! HOORAY! I'm so excited for her and her husband Ben! She's already in her second trimester and she is due on May 8th, Ben's birthday. But he doesn't have to worry about sharing a birthday with his kid because the baby is going to wait to come on MY birthday (yes Lisa, I'm sorry, I'm saying you're going to be 9 days late ;) I'm totally living vicariously through her, so if I talk about her pregnancy a lot and you don't want to read it, then don't. Hee hee. Part of why I'm excited about it is because it gives me at least a couple of reasons to travel to CO. When I go for my first trip in January she will have just found out the sex of the baby. Then I get to go in March for a baby shower and I'll go visit in June or July after the baby has been around for a little while.

Jason likely isn't going to be going on either of the later 2 trips with me. Law school keeps him busy, that's for sure! When we visit in Jan I'll be there for 5 days, but he's probably only going to be there for 4 because he'll be going to Florida to do volunteer work for the Law School for one week. In March he'll be volunteering over Spring Break, which is when I'll be in CO. And in the summer with any luck he'll have a summer internship which means he won't be going anywhere with me then either! After this trip in January the next time we'll be back in CO together may very possibly not be until Christmas 2011.

The good news is that even with how busy he is... ALWAYS, he does seem to be enjoying it. Now I don't mean that he enjoys not ever having a second to slow down, but I think he enjoys what he's learning and he seems to like a lot of the friends his making and he even seems to really enjoy his professors. I think he also really likes how happy I am in school and that I'm likely going to major in American Studies because that means that he and I have a lot to talk about! I just had a test in Government and Politics that I was DESPERATE to get an A in because it's been a really tricky class and I need to have an A in the class in order to have a chance of getting into the U of M. So I asked him for help studying and he just pulled out my study guide and we went down the whole list of things but it was so fun! We just talked about it! Best thing of all, I did get an A, whoo hoo!

We've also been discussing a lot about my Astronomy class, I've needed help with bits and pieces of the math and science parts of things and again, he totally knows all about the stuff, so he's able to help me with that too, but it's always just fun. We end up getting into wonderful discussions about the stuff I'm learning. It's very helpful for me, and it's fun for both of us to talk about the stuff together. Being back in school has just been such a positive experience so far.

Let me finish up here telling about my mom's visit to MN. It was so wonderful to see her! She stayed at the Holiday Inn that's just up the street from our house and my Aunt Marci and cousin Gina stayed there as well because Lizzie had her baby girl (she came on Oct 31) and so we all went down to Rochester together on Saturday to see the little angel. It was overall a very fun weekend, I was able to visit with the 3 of them a lot, and had a ton of fun! It was wonderful getting to see the baby and to visit a little with more of the family in Rochester. On Saturday after getting back from Rochester we took my mom to Ikea! She'd never been and we just walked through it so she could see it all. On Sunday was when she and I got some time to be alone. After going to Crave with Aunt Marci, Gina, Kelly, Jason and my mom, for breakfast, my mom and I went and did some shopping just the two of us. She got to see the town that I would like to move to when our lease is up and then we went and walked around the Mall of America. But we didn't get to see much of it, because, it's the Mall of America and unless you have like a month to devote to it you just don't get to see it all, haha.

I was so happy she was able to come visit! I can't wait to see her again in 5 weeks for Kelly's wedding in MEXICO!! With any luck I'll be going to Mexico for a full week now instead of just the 3 days I currently have planned. After Mexico I'll see her again in January, so it's a happy time right now knowing I get to see my mom and more of my family in the near future :)

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yay! I love the moth story... hehehe... LOL, that's the same thing I would do... squeal!
Can't wait to see you (for real, instead of webcam) and HUG you in January!! Loves!! :)

Lisa said...

Love you Cait Dawn.