FDR flowers

FDR flowers

Saturday, April 3, 2010

"No Jason!"

That seems to be what I say to Jason a lot now that we're married. We've decided (okay, really I decided but Jason has helped me, so we're both on board) now that we're married and moving away in a couple months, that it is time for us to start up a blog (again. Except this one is for us both and not just for me).

Jason has been accepted to a number of law schools and after a lot of time reading about the different programs at the different schools, looking at scholarship offers and reading about all the different areas, we have finally come to a decision regarding what school Jason will be going to: The University of Minnesota. Before you mention how cold and gray it is in Minnesota, let me just tell you that we've heard it from everyone already. I mean EVERYONE, parents, siblings, friends, aunts and uncles, cousins, co-workers, that guy who stands at the corner of 287 and HWY 36 holding up the "Anything will help" sign. But now that I've told you, feel free to let us know what you think of the weather in MN.

We are getting very excited for our big move. Of course this will be the first time I have ever moved to a new state, and the first time either of us have ever moved away from our families, so we know that there will be a lot of challenges ahead of us. But we'll deal with those when they come. For now the excitement is just too much fun and there is no reason to push it aside in anticipation for what may or may not be difficult for us. We've been spending a lot of time on Craigslist looking for houses to move into. If anyone has another website that you suggest we use please let us know. There have been a number of awesome places, I imagine that when we're actually moving we'll have a lot of good places to choose from.

In the meantime we're just living our lives here in Colorado. Jason is working at Starbucks and I am nannying. I'll be done working at the end of May and will just spend my remainder of time in CO with family and friends before moving away. We're living with Jason's parents for now - we decided that as long as we have the option to live at a parents house and save up some money we may as well do it. Once we move, we're on our own! Eek!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Of course I already knew all of this before reading it, but it is fun to have it all written in a blog!! You have SO much to look forward to over the next couple months/years! Congrats again you two!