FDR flowers

FDR flowers

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Stuff 'n' Things

It has been one week since I gave up Facebook for 99 Days of Freedom. It is already so much easier not to be on FB than it was when I started 7 days ago. My mom texted me to tell me that she misses me being on there, which makes sense. I am the only child of hers who doesn't live within 2 hours of her, and FB was our way to easily stay in touch. Though truth be told, I prefer that people have to actually reach out to me and TALK to me to know what's going on in my life. As opposed to just quietly looking at what I'm up to and not actually taking the time to communicate with me. But funny thing: I'm also not sure that many people do "creep" on my FB page. I have only had 2 views of my last blog, which could very possibly even have been the same person. Probably my mom, "Hi Mom!"

Alas, I will keep writing, really more because it gives me something to do. Not that I am in that desperate of a need to find something to do. I have been considerably occupied. Thus far I think I actually am happier with my life now that I am slightly more disconnected from social media. Henry is a hoot. An absolute hoot. This child is getting crazier by the minute. He is pulling himself up on everything right now. I mean EVERYTHING. He gets better at it daily. Watching the wheels turn in that little brain of his is amazing. Tonight we went on a walk, which we try to do every night as long as the weather permits and we have time. Lately when we're getting ready to go out, he has started diving out of my arms into the stroller, I assume, because he is excited to go on a walk. When he sits in his stroller he puts his hands on the little tray in front of him, he leans forward and watches EVERYTHING. I took the time to watch him watch everything tonight. A bird flew by and he followed it. Some girls were riding their bikes and as long as he could see them, he watched them. As we get closer to signs he stares at them and then when we pass one he moves to the next sign. His little brains just take in so much.

In other news, we officially have a place in Minnesota! It is in Golden Valley - our first time living outside of Minneapolis. It is a wonderful apartment complex, we had toured it last year before we knew we were going to move to NY. They had one apartment available on Oct 1 and we snatched it right up! This move is getting so close but it still feels so far away. We think we're going to hire UPack, a moving company that brings a cube to our apartment, we fill it up and then it moves it to Minnesota for us where we unload. This is a great option because it allows us to all travel in the car together as a family instead of Jason driving the moving truck while Henry and I take the car. It's all so exciting! I just want to jump up and down and cheer like a silly little girl.


2 comments:

Steffanie said...

Hey! What is your email address? Would love to catch up!

Caitlin and Jason said...

crippli1@hotmail.com - sorry for the delayed response!