Mother's Day came a couple days after learning Jason's awesome news. My first Mother's Day. Between the news we get to move back to Minnesota, and experiencing my first Mother's Day, I don't think I could have possibly been in a better place. Mother's Day is supposed to be about appreciating our Mother's, right? Well I basically spent the whole day just appreciating that I AM a mother. I couldn't get over (and kind of still can't get over) that I AM A MOM! I have waited my whole life to be a mom! And it is everything I ever dreamed it would be. Henry is amazing! Watching Jason be a father is amazing. I know typically gifts are given to the moms in order to show appreciation, but everything Jason and Henry did just felt like too much. I was so blissfully happy to just be on the "Mother" side of things this year, that I felt spoiled to get cards and gifts. It could not have been a more perfect day. I am extremely blessed.
Then my birthday snuck up on me this last weekend. I kept forgetting it was coming, and after being spoiled on Mother's Day I hardly felt it was fair to have to celebrate me on the following weekend. I heard from so many people who I love and Jason spent the day doing whatever I wanted to do. We went to the mall and while I tried on clothes he entertained Henry, then we went to Target and while I shopped he continued to entertain Henry, then when we were at home he made me dinner and cleaned the house. It was the most perfect low-key birthday with my two boys.
![]() |
| On my birthday with my little man |
It has occurred to me a lot recently just how amazing it is how life works out. Jason and I have always worked very hard to make the smart, responsible, and not always fun, choices. Jason has been teaching me the value of hard work since I met him. Since getting married in 2010, we have really had a crazy ride. There have been some very big challenges thrown our way. I have gone through my most challenging, but most rewarding years so far. In all of this we stood fairly strong but every now and then would have conversations of, "Have we been doing the right thing? Did we make the right choices?" Everyone wonders that, I know. But it has been the most incredible thing to start seeing the results of the choices that we have made and to see the outcomes that we have been hoping for.
I am looking forward to enjoying our summer in New York, travelling the east coast. But I am so excited to pack-up our little family, make our way back to Minnesota and to put some roots in the ground. 28 is going to be a great year. I feel like life is really starting!
![]() |
| He's showing off his love for Minnesota :o) |


No comments:
Post a Comment