FDR flowers

FDR flowers

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Back in MN

Well, we've actually been back in Minnesota for about two months now but it has been a crazy busy two months. The only reason I'm able to update at the moment is because I am home sick from work and thought this an ideal time.

I'll recap a bit on our last two months and then update with some pictures :o)

We got back to Minn and quickly moved into our new place (which we LOVE). I started school and a new job and Jason dove straight into job interviews and then shortly after started classes. I started a job at a local daycare center. I am an Assistant Teacher in the Young Infant room. We look after 12 babies ages 6 weeks to 8-ish months (then they move up to the Older Infant room). This job is going so well and I am just really enjoying it. It is such a great fit for me. If only I weren't sick and could be there today.

As for school, this semester I am taking Spanish 2 and Intermediate Algebra. Next semester I only need one more math class and then I will be able to get my Associates Degree! It's about time. Shortly here I need to start working out where I will be going to school next year to get working on my Bachelors Degree. It feels so great to be moving along with this school stuff. I finally feel like I'm accomplishing something. I likely won't be in school full time much after this semester (and this semester I'm not actually full time, but I figure 10 credits is pretty close). I anticipate the next "2 years" of school taking me 4-5 years. But I figure that is okay as long as I continue chipping away at it.

Things are going well for Jason. Law school is certainly keeping him busy. He is very involved in a number of different things. I don't even know what to call them, they aren't clubs... he's writing for a journal, he has an externship with (for?) a judge, and he's on some sort of committee. I don't know, I'm probably a bad wife because I don't know all the correct terms and because I don't know exactly what he's doing, but he's doing a lot! It's hard to keep it all straight, haha. His birthday was last week. We had a fun outing with friends.

Things are going so wonderfully here in Minnesota that I can't help but feel that it was absolutely the right thing for us to move out here. It was difficult adjusting in the beginning of last year, but in the second half of the year things improved and after spending the summer in California and then getting back out here to the Midwest, it is clear that this place is a wonderful fit for us. We have a wonderful group of friends, we are both enjoying the work and school that we're a part of. To put it simply, we just feel like we're heading in the right direction.

At Peter and Rachel's wedding. Here are some of the "Law Boys" before the wedding.

The Guys with the Groom

Jason and Peter at the tailgate before a Gopher's Football game.

Me with my cousin Kelly and her husband Nate at a Gopher's game.

At Jason's Birthday Celebration

Two of my favorite girls, Rachel and Tiffany

"Jason's friend" Heather (from CO, though now she lives in DC) came out for a work conference and met up with us for Jason's bday celebration!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Very cute pictures... Glad MN is such a good fit for you two!! :)