I can't believe it's already August. Our last day in California is two weeks from today! Our lease ends on August 15th at noon. That day I'll get the car all packed up and hang out in a park (or a library depending on how hot it is that day) until Jason gets out of work and then we're going to hit the road! I'm excited because we will be spending a few days in Colorado and I get to see my friend Kathy who I NEVER get to see anymore now that neither of us actually live in CO. We will get to Minnesota on the 18th or 19th, depending on how fast we feel like moving.
Things around our apartment have gotten a bit easier. We finally got rid of all the ants a few days after my last post. That was such a relief! It has made hanging out in the apartment incredibly more tolerable. In the middle of July I went to Colorado to see my sister Casey's new baby, Jackson. He is such a cutie - much smaller than his brother. Hayden was 8lbs 1oz and Jackson was 6lbs 7oz (these might not be exactly on, but they're close enough). I think Jackson has more of a look like his mommy, too. It'll be fun to watch him grow. I just love being an aunt!
 |
| Baby Jackson |
 |
| Casey and Hayden |
 |
| Me and Aubrey at WaterWorld |
And speaking of being an aunt, I also took Sienna to WaterWorld for our 3rd year in a row as her birthday present, but this year her mom, brother, Aunt Floy, Uncle Drew, and cousin Aubrey decided to join us! It was so much fun getting so spend the day with my siblings, nieces, and nephew. The kids loved waterworld (for Dallen and Aubrey it was their first visit) and it's hard not to love watching children enjoying themselves so much!
 |
| Sienna, Lindsay and Dallen at WaterWorld |
Luckily for me I was able to time my CO trip with my Grandpa Bruce being in town for a visit. He and I were able to go out just the two of us for lunch - a rare thing to be able to get one-on-one time with a grandparent when you're in a family as big as mine and considering he and I were both just in town for a short visit. I love spending time with him and it was wonderful getting to watch him enjoying his great-grandchildren!
After CO I flew over to UT to visit my Dad. He moved to UT from CO about a year ago and this was my first visit to their new home. It is a beautiful home and they have an amazing view! My dad and Kristyl have done so much work to the house and I just can't wait to see how many changes are made when I manage getting over there to see it again. I was able to visit with a lot of family in UT but I was especially glad that I was able to get over to visit with my Grandpa Ripplinger (I can't believe I got to visit with both of my grandpa's in a matter of 3 days). After his stroke I wasn't really sure how he would be but I am happy to report that I couldn't even tell the difference. He seemed wonderful and as happy as ever.
 |
Side of my dad's yard. They put down all the grass,
planted all their plants and laid each rock with their own two hands. |
I got back to CA just in time for Jason to sit second chair in his first trial! It was a very big deal. It lasted for 3 days and in the end Jason's side won (I'm not sure the "correct" way to word that, I'm sorry). Jason did a lot of work for this trial and it's really exciting that everything turned out so well.
No comments:
Post a Comment