For the fourth of July weekend we decided we would drive north to check out San Jose and San Francisco. We stayed at a Holiday Inn in San Jose and it was so wonderful! There wasn't actually anything particularly special about the hotel, but we were so excited to sleep on a real bed in a room with furniture and a TV! I'm actually surprised we didn't give up on venturing out and opt to stay in the hotel the whole time.

I wasn't entirely sure what we should do in San Jose but Jason had some places in mind that he wanted to check out. First on the agenda: Google headquarters.
I will admit right off the bat, I was not super excited to go to Googleland. But Jason just finished reading "In the Plex" a book about Google and he loves looking at these sorts of places. Plus he goes with me to do things I want to do, therefore I figure it's my job to do the same for him. Luckily for me, I'm generally pleasantly surprised with his ideas and Google was no exception. It is on a huge beautiful campus and was quite the mini-adventure for us.
 |
| I can't remember which building this was, but it was fun! |
 |
| This is a Google bike - they were all over the google campus and people were riding them all around - pretty fun! |
After Google we went to check out Apple's Headquarters - not nearly as exciting, but now we've seen it.
 |
| Thought it was pretty funny that this is their address. |

Then we went to Stanford. I was again not super excited about going to some college campus just for the point of going, but Jason wanted to and I had nothing else I wanted to do, so off to Stanford we went. It was so impressive! It was just absolutely beautiful. All of a sudden I wanted to go back in time to when I was 14 and convince myself to try harder in high school just so that I could at least apply to Stanford. I had zero motivation as a teen to go to college and perhaps if I had visited some impressive college campuses it would've given me a little motivation - but who knows? Though I was telling Jason I think that as our kids grow up we should make it a point to visit college campuses just in case :o)
 |
| Loved this fountain! |
 |
| Jason in front of Stanford's Law School |
2 comments:
This sounds exatctly like what Jared would want to do if we were in the area! I'm glad you had a good time, & were able to get your of your ant infested apartment!!
What an adventure! Your pictures are great.
Post a Comment