FDR flowers

FDR flowers

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Recovery

On Saturday my Grandpa Ripplinger had a stroke. It's always terrifying when these sorts of things happen, even when they end up not being nearly as bad as they could be. When I hear these sorts of things they always remind me how important it is to spend time with all of my loved ones. It is important to see those who I don't get to see as often and to appreciate them as well as the people I get to see more often. It's easy for me to forget to do those things sometimes...

Good news is that Grandpa Rip is doing awesome. He is already in rehab and I think they feel fairly confident about his recovery outlook. It's hard to see my grandpa who has always been so healthy, athletic and lively in this sort of a position and I know it's frustrating for him, but I am just so grateful that things aren't worse! My Dad sent this picture over to me today. I'm hoping that I'll be able to make it to Utah for a day or two in July to see him.

I don't know who will read this, but to all my family and friends, I love you!

2 comments:

Micah said...

What a lovely post. It made me cry. It is such a blessing that he is recovering so well!! Let me know when you are out here, and I'll come visit!

Mrs T said...

Why didn't we hear about this? I'm so glad he's okay!